Specific conference goals:
- To recognize the possible impacts caused by messages in our society about weight and appearance;
- To acquire knowledge about the diagnostic criteria of eating disorders;
- To understand the fact that some risk factors can influence the development of eating disorders;
- To recognize the possible consequences of, and issues relating to, eating disorders;
- To identify basic principles of communicating with and helping someone struggling with an eating disorder.
Conferences are adapted to the specific needs of each centre.