Type of volunteer work desired
Please check your preference(s), taking into account the eligibility criteria.
Number of hours of work per month: 12 Eligibility criteria: Have a university education in Humanities or Social Sciences, or be in the process of getting one. For students, having completed at least 1 year of full-time studies, or 24 credits, in a field related to social work. Be available to help on the phone from your home. ANEB will take care of the phone line transfer. • Be available for around 3 volunteer shifts per month (1 shift = 4 hours): during the week, between 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM or on weekends between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Be available to participate in one clinical supervision session every 2 months (by phone; around 1 hour per session). Be bilingual (French/English). Not currently suffer from an eating disorder and consider yourself recovered for at least two years. Unless otherwise specified, be able to contribute for at least one year at around 12 hours per month.
Number of hours of work per month: between 3 and 12 hours
- Not currently suffer from an eating disorder;
- Consider yourself recovered from an eating disorder for at least two years;
- Have experience hosting workshops or working with youth;
- Have a diploma, or be in the process of working towards a diploma, in Humanities, social work, or a similar field;
- Be prepared to travel around the Island of Montreal at minimum;
- Feel comfortable talking in front of a group;
- Be available during weekdays, kiosks and lectures generally taking place in schools;
- Not have a criminal record;
- Owning a vehicle is an asset.*
Admission criteria for sharing testimonials in-person: Not currently suffer from an eating disorder; Consider yourself recovered from an eating disorder for at least two years; Have experience animating workshops, lecturing, or working with youth; Be prepared to travel around the Island of Montreal at minimum; Feel comfortable talking in front of a group.
Number of hours of work per week: between 1 and 2 hours
Admission criteria for sharing testimonials in-person:
- Be determined to get seriously involved in volunteer activities; Be at least 16 years old;
- Possess a vehicle or be prepared to travel via public transportation;
- Unless otherwise specified, be available to volunteer for a period of 4 months for around 1 to 2 hours per week;
- Be able to express yourself fluidly in French. English speaking skills are an asset;
- Pass an interview with the head of the promotion committee;
- Be able to smile and express yourself with ease!
- Be comfortable hosting kiosks and doing local visits;
- Understanding problems relating to eating disorders is an asset.*
Eligibility criteria Be determined to get seriously involved in volunteer activities; Be at least 16 years old; Pass an interview with the head of volunteer services; Be comfortable working under deadlines; Be versatile in multi-tasking.
Please note that volunteers will be recruited according to their availability, communication skills, abilities, expectations, and the needs of the organisation at the time of application. Only people whose applications are kept will be contacted by heads of various departments at ANEB.